Hello friends! I haven't written anything in ages. And that's because my life has been a giant stress ball lately. An "oh my goodness my chest hurts and I wish it would stop" kind of stress ball. I don't say this to whine. I do have a purpose, promise. You see, its times like this that can make you question who you are and what you're doing with your life. That make you want to start running around screaming and giving anyone standing still a piece of your mind.
Then you realize that maybe these past couple of weeks have been so crappy because you're getting closer to your purpose in life, and the enemies of your spirit aren't too fond of that. Or maybe you need to check-in with yourself and God, learn a lesson, and move forward. Maybe you're being refined as an adult to face something a little further down the road.
I realize this is all seeming pretty tangential (as I am pretty tired), but again - I am getting to a point. Maybe my point here is that God is faithful. As I inferred before, I've been asking Him if I am who I want and hope to be, because there have been a lot of conflicting messages lately. I've also had a very short patience with others and felt pretty self-righteous for it. (God has also reminded me that by judging others you easily become who you're judging). I've really been in a spiritual struggle over these things.
Then came today, my birthday. I do love me some birthdays, no matter who or what. Thankfully, this birthday coincided with modern technology that allowed me to receive birthday wishes from most every mode of transmission possible. I became overwhelmed with love and encouragement. Right when I most needed it, people came out of the woodwork to speak truth into my life. This blows my mind and makes me so very very grateful. I'm in wonder that I even get the honor of knowing many of the people God used in my life today.
So, thank you God for using your other children to speak to me. And if you're reading this and you understand what it feels like to doubt who you are, know that God will be faithful to you too.
No comments:
Post a Comment