Thursday, August 5, 2010

Looking to the Fall

Hello friends out there!  I haven't written anything in a long time because I'm in a very busy season.  Thankfully, it is also full of blessings.

In the moments that I haven't been working, I've been thinking about what fall essentials I know I'll need. Fall/winter fashion needs tend to cost more and be investments that you keep around, versus the flip flops and t-shirts of summer, so I wanted to do my research.  I knew I'd need a new purse because I've carried my current fall/winter purse for at least 2 years and it's starting to show (especially since I don't get the really fancy kinds that are meant to last that long).  This decision threw me into way too deep of a thought trail about what I want my style in life to be.  I'll spare you that now, but expect to hear it later. 

I decided that I wanted more of a western purse with a slight edge.  I was also wanting to go back to a cross-body style.  At the same time, I am a grown up now so I can't be too trendy.  I looked at pretty much every website out there for something I'd like and comparing prices.  I wound up going with a Jessica Simpson purse.  Yes, I said Jessica Simpson.  I can't help myself - I secretly like her.  It's a complicated relationship.  Thankfully, this one was on sale plus an extra 20% off.  This is very important because it turns out that my taste has become much more expensive since I last bought a purse.  The unexpected surprise of this purse is that it has a leopard print lining, which really cracks me up.  I'm pretty sure I'll laugh inside every time I open it.

Here's what I went with.  It's totally a new color for me.  I was very nervous when I opened it at the UPS station yesterday because I saw a similar purse on a person after I ordered this - and it was neon yellow - which really scared me that the online picture was not accurate and I had ordered a neon orange purse.  Thankfully, it is a sunset color, just as it is named.  And, I really like it.  If you don't like it - don't tell me ;).


     

No comments:

Post a Comment