I am very frustrated this morning, as I am being hunted down like a hawk by someone from "back home" because she has a good Christian guy that wants to meet me. Evidently, this is a matter of national security. She first started trying to contact me about a week ago, but I didn't get the message, so I have now received 3 messages - all from different forms of contact - that I must call her immediately because it is so important.
First of all, I don't really call people. Except my mom and HH. It was rather miraculous (and good for me) that I talked to my sister on the phone yesterday.
Second of all, I particularly don't call people that are trying to set me up. Especially when they think they've found my soul mate despite the fact that they don't know me very well. Granted, she has known me my whole life, but we haven't had a heart-to-heart since I was 7.
Thirdly, how weird and uncomfortable are these situations???? I've become much more open to being "set up" than I once was, but it's usually to have actually had a practice date or to try and be more "open".
Supposedly, he's the best Christian guy and was real good to her husband's niece when they dated.
Blargh.
No comments:
Post a Comment