Monday, May 18, 2009

A Summer Project, Part 1



I love Chick-fil-a kids meals and their overly altruistic themes. The one I received this Saturday was all about Kindness, featuring "Good Ways to be Sneaky" which included things like "Make up your brother's bed while he's brushing his teeth."
The inside of the bag included a recipe for Kindness Cookies - which I totally plan on baking!
My 'toy' was "Ranger Rick's Outdoor Family Fun Guide". I have decided that one of my goals this summer is to complete everything listed in this fun little book, which I've also listed below. Because I'm a dork like that. And because it cracks me up. Please feel free to join the challenge, if you dare, (duh, duh, duhhhh - that's for you Brittni!)

"Go Outside and Play!"
  1. Make a Pinecone Bird Feeder. Just one of my favorite things ever! Although squirrels will eat it at my house - any takers on my feeder?
  2. Give a Toad a Home by creating a cool home outdoors for amphibians. Um, I think I've already done that - see the post about being green.
  3. Fly a Kite. I've tried this before and was no good at it. And I'd have to buy a kite. I am least likely to complete this task. Ooo...but maybe I can buy a Barbie kite. Things are looking up (no pun intended).
  4. Be a Backyard Camper. Hmm...I don't have a backyard. And, to quote my Momma, "Honey, we're from the country. We don't camp. That's technically what we've been doing every day of our lives."
  5. Be a Tree's Best Buddy by adopting a tree and getting to know it as a friend. I didn't make that up.
  6. Plant a Butterfly Garden. I'm guessing they don't like the Marigolds I've already planted to keep bugs away from my tomatoes.
  7. Take a Night Hike. Am I supposed to take a "buddy" on this one? Is this really appropriate for kids?
  8. Be a Wildlife Detective. The CSI version of a nature walk.

I'll keep you updated! Let me know if you want any Kindness Cookies! Truett Cathy told me I had to share them or they wouldn't be Kind. They'd just be cookies.

1 comment: