Friday, May 25, 2012

The Ways God Does Things...

Lately, I have been reminded how God likes to show out.  And I like it :).  I think this is part of His childlike heart, like a toddler that keeps doing something adorably terrific because it makes everybody smile.  Recently, there has been a lot of answered prayers and lavish love in my friend's lives.  It has been a joy to see and I'm glad I get to be along for the ride.

This has me thinking about how sometimes it takes 20 years to see a prayer answered or to make sense of something, and other times the turn around is the next day.  And how sometimes there are little seeds - either of His or of our own desires - that He waters along the way, always because He loves us.

I have my own example that I'm processing today that involves dogs.
You see, about a year and a half ago I moved into my very own house.  Five doors down from this house lives a French Bulldog named Louie.  He snuck out one day and greeted me at the mailbox and I fell in love with him and his little face and I wanted to take him home with me.  Then I saw a "Breed All About It" episode on French Bulldogs and learned how great they are.  I concurrently started loving anything that looked like a bulldog even more than I already did and felt like I started seeing these little guys everywhere.  (And the nerd in me is fascinated with braciocephalic dog breeds and how they shouldn't fly on airplanes.)

Then, it started with the Boston Terriers, especially because of this blog I follow called Kevin & Amanda that chronicles the adventures of their two BTs named Miley and Howie (see their adventures here: Miley and Howie).  These doggies are funny, even if they cheer for Auburn.


I started wondering if Mathilda Lu needed a friend because she is always laying around looking sad and forlorn, like this:

But she gets really happy when she sees her family or plays with her other doggie friends. 

I had also started wanting a for-real-registered-breed dog that is small and doesn't shed but felt guilty because I am a dog-rescue mutt person, not an AKC papers kind of person.  And because French Bulldog and Boston Terrier puppies cost a fortune because they have to be delivered by c-section because their heads are so big.

So, I registered with a French Bulldog adoption site and thought I'd just wait and see what happened.  And they kept suggesting I adopt a Boston Terrier instead (BTs were originally a cross between a FB and a terrier). 

Then people came out of the woodwork trying to give me new pets, and I kept saying no.  I will not document all of these for you here ;).

Finally, I get a phone call from my mom yesterday because Mrs. Ruby (one of those elderly family friends that has always been there from before I was born) just got out of the hospital and has reconciled that the cancer might win this time, and she wants me to have her prized AKC-registered Boston Terrier. 

Yep, folks.  This is the way God does stuff.  Secretly combining your heart with His over the smallest of things to make you smile and take care of His creation.  I haven't for sure said yes yet because 2 dogs is a lot of responsibility, but I cannot deny that you may soon be hearing the tales of Mathilda Lu and Rowdy Banjo.





No comments:

Post a Comment