Monday, May 21, 2012

That whole "praying for my enemies" thing I tried back during Lent?  Yeah, I'm still working on that.  Trying to be intentional about it.  Some days go better than others.  I just caught myself physically sneering at my computer screen in response to one email, so clearly I'm still working on the forgiveness part ;).  I'm pretty sure sneering displeases God and deepens that furrow between my eyebrows, so it's not good for my blood pressure, my heart, or my efforts towards wrinkle prevention.

Contemplating today how being good and hurt once changes our perception of our future interactions with that person.  This is so easily repeated with email and text messages - where there's no inflection and that past can make the words read much more ominously than they were sent.  God is showing how much of this comes from within me and not from that other person.  And that he really did say forgiveness goes on for 70x7.

Trying to understand how you boldly love someone despite their flaws, even when these flaws act out.  Even when they challenge the mess out of me, particularly the part of me that cares what people think about me. 

I really intended my next blog post to be a fun little piece about tea cakes, but this is where I'm at today.  I may or may not have had more than one adult hissy-fit on the inside and may or may not have let my stress level get way too high.

If you read this, thank you for letting me do life with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment