Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Restore to Me

I have really been challenged to fight for my joy this week.  Truly, I should have been fighting for some time, but the battle has been in my face this week.  The fight for joy is always a special one for me because I centered my life on joy for so long.  This morning didn't start so great, but I am so refreshed right now.  I am feeling the joy of my salvation restored to me.  How has this happened?

1.)  I have been actively seeking prayer from my girlfriends in Christ.

2.)  I've been swimming around in grace and forgiveness.

3.)  Pop Divas and silly songs.  Yep.  Some Ga-Ga texts from a friend, a little Beyonce reference mixed into my emails, and the fact that I have been singing "I Like Big Butts" for about 2 hours now.  I am smiling a light happy smile and I'm ready to get my dancing on. 

Congratulations, Momma Knowles!
I bet my joy would be super duper returned if I could wear a purple sequin jacket to work and it be totally ok.


Photo from here: MSN wonderwall

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, please wear that jacket to work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahhaha - what if I did? I think I'd get sent home. Not by my own boss, mind you.

    ReplyDelete