It's questions like:
- When is it right to go along with the status quo and when should you rock the boat? (Particularly when the status quo isn't as hunky-dory as it seems?)
- What does it mean if doing the right thing means somebody still gets hurt? And how do you hurt people as little as possible in that situation?
- What do you do when your gut says one thing but making people happy says another and your will/flesh wants to reconcile the two? (pretty sure the answer there is to be still and wait for God to show up).
I also sometimes wish I'd been a rebellious teen because perhaps I wouldn't have so much fear of conflict and disappointing people now that I'm grown. I should say that I don't really wish this - my heart and life was spared a lot of pain by not being rebellious and my life is full of blessings from honoring people and rules along the way. Maybe what I'm trying to say is that years of being sweet and compliant can cause people to be confused once you act grown and you're real and tired of playing games. The image of a righteously angry Jesus yielding a stick in the temple keeps rising to the top. Not because I'm Jesus or perfect, but because I think there's a lesson here.
No comments:
Post a Comment