Sunday, January 9, 2011

What day is it again?

I haven't had a whole lot to say this week.  I'm completely disoriented between the holidays, then being out from work most of this week because of some serious crud, and now a snow day!  I'm needing some serious all around shape up.  And the use of a day-planner.  And to remember that it's 2011 now.  Oh, and some serious post holiday/sickness house cleaning.

On a bizarre grown up note, for the very first time, I had to make a weather statment to my students about whether they were released from their clerkship duties and how they should stay safe and not drive on ice and all that.  When I first got the email asking what I planned to tell my students I was like "What do you mean?  Why would I tell them anything and why does it matter?  Won't the students hear it from James Spann, just like me?"  Then I remembered that I had new responsibilities and that these were med students, so the usual wake up in the morning for the weather guy doesn't really apply to them.  I felt like I was posing or pulling a prank to send an email to a bunch of people telling them to stay home and not work, but it was just another one of those new opportunities to grow up and move towards something bigger.

Here's to a productive, fun, and safe snow day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment