Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'm an Adult

Most of the time, I still feel pretty young, or still not completely grown up.  I still automatically assume people that are married or have children or own a house are older than me, and clearly that is not true.  Sometimes I still feel like I should be cut some slack for being younger or like I'm not respected for being the kid in the room.
Then, I'll catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and see myself as I really look now.  Those moments of "Who's that?  Oh, it's me.  Oh, I must look like an adult to other people."  Then I fight the early signs of aging through expensive skincare and realize it's time to color my hair again, and there's a bit more gray in there than the last time.  And I can't leave out the growing number of younger people calling me m'am these days.
I'm thrilled to be alive and thrilled to have a future; but that doesn't mean those glimpses don't throw me for a loop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment