Here's the thing - I'm a lifelong real Alabama football fan, but I've been strangely disillusioned with athletics since the winter. There, I admit it, I said it out loud. No, I did not fall and hit my head. People in other regions of the world might even find this disillusionment healthy. I didn't order tickets (meaning I don't currently have tickets to a game for the first time in my life - literally - though attendance was spotty during the Virginia years). I haven't even given an athletically directed Roll Tide in months (though of course I've said it - I mean, I still speak and get excited about things). Yes, of course, I watched the first game but I admit my heart wasn't in it even if I'm a long standing disliker of VA Tech.
Chalk it up to all the game day recipes on the internets and the exhaustive coverage of punky Johnny Manziel because I am now ready for some football. I'm also ready to eat baked goods and really cheesy dips with meat in them.
I think I'll start here, with Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies from the Tasty Kitchen site.
No comments:
Post a Comment