Monday, July 29, 2013

The Start Experiment

I've been a part of an online experiment lead by Jon Acuff called The Start Experiment.  I'm on day 14.  My plan was to write at least something every day for 24 days.  This has not actually happened, but I have definitely written more than I would otherwise and am trying to have a big finish.  Who knew what these past two weeks would hold?  The writing possibilities have been like drinking water from a fire hose, but the real life experiences inspiring these options have made me tired.

Right now, I'm exhausted and really want to be asleep but I'm  deciding to share a couple of Start Experiment tasks I just completed.

Task 1:  Pick a theme song for my current life soundtrack:
 "On the Shores" by Melissa Helser and Jonathan David Helser.  Check it out.  Sit on top of your cage.

Task 2:  In 100-250 words, write part of the future Time magazine article about your life.

Here's a brief paragraph on where I am now (please pardon the extreme self-indulgence of writing and posting this)


Though Lea was regularly identifying “pivotal moments” in her life, she knew the summer of 2013 was truly a defining period.  She was free from her past, growing in mercy and boldness, valuing new things, and tired of defeat.   She was starting to take a more active role in her work future and tired of repetitive decisions (or quite often non-decisions) that kept her from moving forward in life.   It was less than a month until her 35th birthday, and she was doing a lot of thinking about who she is and who she wants to be when she enters a room.  She was also thinking about what she wanted 40 to look like and what she needed to do to get there.  Now, if only she could write a dang manuscript and cut down that debt, then things would really be going somewhere.  There was to be no more sacrificing Paris and trips to far away loved ones because of impulse items in Target.  But there would be more diners around a table, more intentional time reserved for letting people into her mess and listening to the people she was so blessed to have.  More days off and no more years without seeing the ocean.  More classic silhouettes.  If that meant living a more simple life at times, then so be it.

Ok, peace out my homies.  Sleep tight. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment