Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tuesdays Unwrapped - Banner of Love

Hi!  I haven't written anything in forever!  But, there's this Tuesdays Unwrapped thing going on over at Chatting at the Sky and I kind of love it so I grabbed a few seconds.

Here is the writing assignment:  "Anything that causes you to pause and celebrate the moment. Not what will be or what is to come, but what is real and true this day: the messy, the lovely, and the unexpected. Share a photo, a story, or anything that offers a glimpse into your own journey of discovering the gifts in the midst of the ordinary."

Here is what is mulling about in my heart of what is true and gifted to me today:

"He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love [for love waved as a protecting and comforting banner over my head when I was near him]." Song of Songs 2:4 (AMP)  

Y'all, I used to not get this scripture AT ALL but now if I were to ever get a tattoo I think it would be a little banner of love (possibly on my head under my hair so that the banner really would be over me - too weird?  too literal?).
We used to sing a worship song about this all the time in youth group (where my 90's at?).  Then we sang it in college.  It may have even been on the required for all Christians in 1994 Songs from the Loft CD  (Ok, I just checked and it wasn't, but did you know that cd is $34 on Amazon??).  But through all of this singing of His Banner over me being Love, I just didn't get it.  I would see other people that seemed so touched by the thought I would sit in the Belmont Barn and try to think through it and try to make it really move me in some profound way but I got nothing.
Fast forward through a whole lotta life and healing and freedom to 34 and single.  You betcha His Banner over me is Love and I'm gonna dance and sing about it.  The remembrance of that banner is going to get me out of bed in the morning and get me to work and then I'm going to run around under it when the enemy of my soul tries to push my buttons.  Most of all, I'm going to LIVE under it and move and have my being.
Because you know what - No, I haven't had that earthly Hallmark Channel love story (yet).  No, I don't have an engagement picture under a perfectly-Pinterest-pinned-burlap-bunting-penant-Love banner,  but I have no shortage of love in my life.  In fact, I have an Abundance! Love is all over my life and I pray that if anybody looks at me Love is all they see.

I could also go into the Bridegroom/Kinsman Redeemer parts of this picture, but I'll spare you today :).  Just get that love is not something we humans socially construct and put in relationship boxes, it is so much bigger than that because God is love and it's something we're swimming in.  Don't overlook the capital L Love in your life because of an absence or disruption in the love of one specific relationship.   

No comments:

Post a Comment