I get very defensive over this. Over my age (which is sometimes young and sometimes advancing). Over whether I really know stuff. Over whether I have anything to teach.
I think I'm supposed to be grown enough to know whether they choose to respect me doesn't matter because the truth is that I know what I know, I have been put in a position of authority by folks that do know stuff, and because I respect myself. But, dag-on-it if that isn't harder on some days than others. Like today, when I've been a bit on edge for no apparent reason. Sometimes, it leaves me wanting to be one of the animals on a National Geographic Show that can suddenly become much more intimidating to ward off predators. Or a peacock that can suddenly fan out an impressive feather tail.
On a brighter note, this is the scripture of the day on my calendar, and it's good stuff:
"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."
Psalm 27:14.
And to further randomize this post - here is cute picture of my doggie - pondering.
Oh, Matil.
ReplyDelete