Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tastebud Nostalgia


Lately, I've been having very odd food cravings. No worries - not of the pregnant kind, but of the elementary school kind.

I think it all started when I was in the store one day and felt the need to buy Kraft macaroni & cheese. Unfortunately, I bought the single microwave packs and one taste was all I needed to think those were gross. But, the cravings have evolved since then.

While at the Piggly Wiggly with my mom, I saw sloppy joe mix, and had to have it. I thought, why don't I eat sloppy joes anymore? I bought the jar instead of the canned options because it looked to taste better. I made it a couple of nights ago with ground white turkey, and it was amazing! My dad almost ate two sandwiches and was excited to eat the leftovers the next day. I honestly cannot remember the last time I ate sloppy joes before this week. Why have I been depriving myself of this delicacy? Oddly enough - that's what my sister made for dinner last night, so I must not be alone in this. And side note - I did learn to not eat sloppy joes before going to ballet class. They do not mix well with jumping. Of course, common sense should have told me that.

Last week, I got a sudden urge to drive to the store for some peaches and cream oatmeal. Thankfully, it is still delicious and I liked it much better than the microwave macaroni.


Furthermore, I seem to have reverted back to preferring milk chocolate over dark. A year ago, I would have turned my nose down at a milk Dove promise, but right now I'd really go for one.

I even liked the Chuck E. Cheese pizza I ate last week. So, I'm not sure what's going on with me. I've been such a food snob for so long, maybe I'm rebelling a bit. Maybe I'm wanting things that seem real and comforting. So far, my taste buds don't seem to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment