Thursday, October 2, 2014

31 Days of Writing, A Day Late



Ok, there’s that whole life-long struggle with writing and not writing I have.  So, I’m taking part in the Nester’s 31 days project.  I was at a bit of a loss for a topic.  However, after some recent events and stirrings during the reCreate women’s conference, I feel like I’m supposed to write my love story.  I realize that sounds cheesy.  I realize that sounds self-obsessed.  But I also realize the disproportionate focus our culture places on eros love over agape love.  I’ve lived a lot of being told there isn’t love in my life because of the absence of romantic love.  I’m not devaluing the role of romance, marriage, etc and admit I have a lot to learn there. I am tired of that being the way we most often discuss and frame love or using that as the qualifier for love’s presence.

This is rooted back into that Song of Songs revelation (2:4) that his banner over me is love.  God’s covering over my life is love.  When he looks down from above and sees the top of my head he sees a stamp that says love.  And his love is lavish.  It has saved my life again and again.  My love cup runs over to the point of almost ridiculousness (Thanks by the way!  See above saved my life part).  

The thing is, I’m not alone.  This is His truth for His children.  Do you look at your life and see a love story?  If we’re the Bride of Christ, what does that look like in a life?  (And the Bride of Christ includes men, right?  Whoa – can somebody preach on that? I’m thinking some men might need to be thrown in the love tank too.)

So, this is what I’m writing about for 31 days.  Good or bad.  Edited or not.  Freaked to put it on the internets or not.  Completely coherent or not.  We’ll see.

I also have no clue if I know how to permalink.  

No comments:

Post a Comment