
There has been some concern that my blogging would be missing the seeming lack of linearity that comes with being around me in person. This post will most likely prove that to be very wrong. It’s a Monday morning, and despite actually waking up and getting out of bed at a decent time today (quite the accomplishment!), I’m having a bit of difficulty getting started. So, I’m getting the random thoughts out to make way for the true genius ;-).
First off, the swine flu. I am very concerned and intrigued, but agree that we shouldn’t panic. I gotta say, it does kind of make me finally want to publish that dissertation of mine…
Other random thoughts:
How come the best hairdo’s are those that girls just throw together to put on their make up or do housework? And, how come those are almost impossible to replicate intentionally? Particularly once you put hairspray on them to make them stay and they lose all appearance of being natural? Furthermore, how come these are most easily created with the clips that we don’t wear out in public?
How come nails have to come through on our high heels? What working woman has time to go get her heels repaired all the time? And, I work in a building with a tile floor, so I have to submit to making the nail clicking noises all day, and listen to the same noise being made by all the other women that don’t have time to take their shoes to the one shoe repair place in the whole town (although, the nicest people ever work there!).
I am very intrigued by the conversation our housekeeping staff was having while in my office and outside my door. Evidently, one of them has come to work drinking today. And they all know it and can’t believe she thinks she hides it. And, supposedly, it’s all because of that no-good man. Of course it is…
Final random thoughts of the day: I’m excited for the UA guys in the NFL draft, I’m jealous that my boss is spending the week at space camp, and I’m very thankful for reminder calls from the dentist (cause like I remember an appointment I made 6 months ago!)
The picture is one of the views from my family’s farm. Saturday was a gorgeous day, and I just love being outside there. It may be in the middle of nowhere, but it sure is pretty :-).
Wow. You're right, that is surprisingly nonlinear. Sorry I was ever skeptical.
ReplyDelete